Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World (XBLA)

There really isn't a way to introduce a game that was as much fun as this so... Here it is Scott Pilgrim versus The Word: The Game


I'm sure that there are hardcore fans of the Graphic Novels or the Movie and i won't lie I've only seen the movie.I'm definitely not one of those fans so this will be a completely honest review.

Story

Scott, Kim, Stephen and Ramona
This Game Loosely follows the Graphic Novels as well as the movie to my Knowledge so here goes my version of what is going on...Scott Pilgrim a Toronto Native is dating high schooler Knives Chau but then meets an American Girl Named Ramona Flowers and becomes infatuated with her due to the fact that he has been seeing her in his dreams.Sometime soon after he finds out that in order to date her he has to defeat her Seven Evil Exes.

Gameplay
Scott Pilgrim is a side-scrolling beat 'em up styled game. In this game you can play with either Scott Pilgrim, Ramona Flowers, Kim Pines or Stephen Stills. The game does offer 4 Player Co-op as well as unlockable
Nega Scott as a character and 2 more unlockable characters through Downloadable Content.The game plays Similar to any other beat 'em up with the exception of leveling. Each character can be leveled up to 16 with individual stats that can be maxed out to 100 including strength, speed, will power and defense.

Graphics
Personally i love the graphical appeal of the game but i grew up in the end of the NES era and the begining of the SNES so this just took me back to my roots in a futuristic way. In my opinion the game is 16-bit and i know that could be an argument that i don't want to get in, but it seriously reminds me of Final Fight for the SNES but the Color Scheme is much brighter. This just makes the game that much better in my opinion.

Sound
Anamanaguchi blessed this game with the best soundtrack that I've heard in a sidescroller since MegaMan X. There really Isn't much more to say on this situation just play the game or find the sound track on youtube trust me it's amazing.

The Negative
There really isn't much negative to say about the game but I do want to touch on a few things.There are Frame rate issues. they happen briefly and sporadically but they happen and it can be annoying.The terribly long end of level wait times. By that i mean once you beat a boss and collect the coins there is about a 10-15 second wait for the level to conclude. No lie the first time this happened i was sure that there was more to the level. I mean its not that bad but why is that wait there anyways.

Conclusion
This game is amazing and quite fun and can be played and beat in a reasonable amount of time. I would have to say that with a $10 price tag it is definately worth a download. 

No comments:

Post a Comment